The purpose of the UCD Confucius Institute for Ireland is twofold:
1. To work at an organisational level with the Irish government, businesses and academia to develop stronger educational, cultural and commericial links between Ireland and China.
2. To make available to the Irish Public educational resources and services related to the Chinese language and culture.
The institute provides 4 main services to those wishing to learn more about China, it’s history and culture:
- Language courses for all levels.
- Developing and promoting teaching and research in Chinese Studies, such as the BComm (Business with Chinese Studies) or the work done to introduce Mandarin at a Secondary Level in Ireland.
- Organising cultural and educational events at UCD to further public understanding of China.
- Organising examinations of the HSK (Chinese Language and Profiency Examination) (See here for Mandarin.ie resources on the HSK)
- Offering professional services to both public and private sectors to deepen economic relationships between China and Ireland
The UCD Confucius Institute for Ireland, alongside the Confucius Institute in Cork, continually promote an awareness of Chinese Language & Culture in Ireland and are an essential resource for you in your study of Mandarin.
UCD Confucius Institute Website: http://www.ucdcii.ie/
Address: University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Republic Of Ireland.
Phone: +353 1 716 3000
Fax: +353 1 716 3030